Holiday Giving at Attention Homes
Help us make the holidays special for youth at Attention Homes by giving in the following ways:
Thank you for contributing much needed items for our youth! Please use the lists below to see current needs. Donations should be dropped at our Administrative office: 1443 Spruce St. Boulder, M-F 8:30am-5:00pm. For larger items or those not listed, contact us at 303-447-1206.
If you prefer online shopping, shop directly off our Amazon and Target wish lists below!
New Home Wish List
Help youth moving into their own stable housing with the following items:
- Beds and Linens: queen and double sized mattresses, sheets, & blankets. New pillows.
- Loveseats & small couches.
- New and gently used bathroom items: shower curtains and rings, bath mats, towels, & washcloths.
- New and gently used kitchen items: blenders, microwaves, dishes, silverware, coffeemakers, cups, pots and pans, cutting boards, dish racks and mats, & can openers.
Holiday Wish List
Below is a list of commonly requested gift items that we equally distribute. If you’d like to purchase personal holiday gifts for our youth, please contact us at contactAH@attentionhomes.org
- Essentials: Toothbrushes, Travel Size Toothpaste, Hand Warmers, Emergen-C Packets, Chapstick, Travel Size Deodorant, Travel Size Lotion, Travel Size Kleenex, etc.
- Warm Winter Gear: Boots, Jackets, Gloves, Neck Warmers, Snow-pants, etc.
- Gift Cards: Target, Amazon, Nordstrom Rack, Casual Dining (Noodles & Co, Chipotle, Smash Burger, Panera, Sub shops, etc.)
- Earbud Headphones
- Snacks and Candies
- Nail polish & Makeup
- Mini Perfume & Colognes
- New Boxers & Women’s Underwear
- Art supplies & Canvasses
Chase House & The Source Wish List
Help our youth in our Residential, Emergency Shelter and Daytime Drop-In programs with these needed items:
- New Men’s boxers (all sizes)
- New Razors & Shaving Cream
- Sleeping Bags
- Warm jackets, hats, scarves, & gloves
- Hand Warmers
- Gently used men and women’s winter clothing & shoes
- Small Hairbrushes & Combs
- Emergen-C Packets
- Fidget Spinners
- Earbud Headphones
- Board Games & Puzzles
- Sensory ooze Bottles/Liquid motion water
Amazon will donate .5% of all your purchases to Attention Homes when you shop on AmazonSmile & select Attention Homes as your charity of choice. It’s the same Amazon you already know and use!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do you need for material donations?
A: We can accept gently used clothing, shoes and items on our Wish Lists. We can only toiletries, socks and men’s boxers that are unopened and brand-new due to health regulations. Please give Joy a call at 303-447-1206 ex 1 or email email@example.com before you drop of any items to be sure it is currently needed, as we have limited storage space.
Q: How do I donate items?
A: To donate items, call Joy at 303.447.1206 ex 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate drop off times and locations and to ensure that we can accept your donated items.
Q: Can you pick up items from my location?
A: Occasionally, we may be able to pick up large items that we currently have a need for. Please contact Joy at 303-447-1206 ex 1 or email email@example.com for more information.
Q: Do you take used clothing?
A: We accept seasonally appropriate, gently used clothing and brand new boxers and socks. Please call Joy at 303-447-1206 ex 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org ensure that we can accept your items.
Q: Is my material donation tax deductible?
A: Yes! You determine the value of your item and we send you a receipt that you can use as a tax write-off. We’re not able to give you an estimate on the value of any items you donate; it’s up to you to decide the value you write off.
Q: Do I have to fill out the tax form even if I don't want a tax break?
A: We ask that you please fill it out a tax form when dropping off donations. We track material donations for internal reasons, and the information is often used in grant writing. We like to be as accurate as we can and you can help us do that with the form.