In 2012, over 400 volunteers contributed over 6,000 hours of service, a value of more than $135,000 to Attention Homes. Numerous opportunities exist to impact the lives of the youth we serve. Individuals, corporate groups, faith communities, schools and civic clubs are welcome to volunteer. Our goal is to find a sufficient fit between your interests and time to our current needs.
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer:
- Fill out a volunteer application and attend a volunteer orientation.
- Determine program/opportunity of interest.
- Attend Runaway and Homeless Youth Volunteer Training (Required for all RHY direct care volunteers)
- Complete paperwork and background checks as necessary.
Contact Marnie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an orientation or for more information.
Upcoming Volunteers Orientation Dates:
-Tuesday, October 29: noon-1 pm
-Tuesday, November 5: 4-5 pm
Location: Attention Homes Administrative Office, 1443 Spruce St., Boulder (RSVP Required)
Upcoming RHY Volunteer Training:
-Tuesday, November 19: 6-8 pm, Location TBD (RSVP Required)
Direct Care Opportunities
Volunteers are needed to work directly with our youth. Openings are available in both our Residential and RHY (Runaway and Homeless Youth) program.
- Activities: Assist staff, co-facilitate an activity; e.g. crafts, music, sports, etc.
- Street Outreach: Partner with trained staff to work on the streets with homeless teens.
- Drop-in/Overnight: Support homeless youth by assisting staff with check-in, laundry, meal-prep, and hygiene.
- Life Skills: Mentor youth in a specific life skill; e.g. finances, public speaking, cooking, nutrition, etc.
- Graduate Internship: Receive graduate practicum hours and credit assisting staff with counseling and case work.
- Undergraduate Internship: Internships are available for school credit.
- Tutor: Provide one-on-one academic/GED assistance.
- Cook & Meal Donor: Prepare meals at our drop-in center or cook a meal at home and deliver to one of our two homes. Groups welcome. (Schedule in advance.)
- Speaker: Motivate and inspire our youth with a personal message that demonstates a triumph over a life challenge.
All individuals volunteering/interning in our Residential program and Overnight Emergency Shelter must be 21+ years of age. For RHY Street Outreach and the Drop-In Center, you must be 18 years of age.
Back to top
Development & Office Opportunities
Volunteers are needed to help with our special events, grant writing and other marketing and fundraising efforts. We are typically able to tailor our opportunties to your experience and/or areas of learning. College credit internships are available in all areas.
- Grant Writing: Our development department applies to an average of 70 funders and foundations annually. Assist with grant research and contact funders; write small to medium-sized grants; and assemble grant packets and all required attachments.
- Social Media/Marketing Intern: Assist in the development and production of marketing materials, social media, press relations, our Annual Report and more.
- Special Events: Procure in-kind donations, join event committee, help with PR and advertising.
- General Office: Mailing, filing, copying, telephoning, etc.
- Information Technology: Help with PC computer maintenance.
- Incentive Solicitor: Procure tickets, entertainment, cultural events, sports activities, personal items, etc.
Group and individual volunteer opportunities are needed for home improvement projects. These are perfect for student groups of all ages, church groups, civic clubs, families, and work teams.
- Facilities Upkeep: painting, interior/exterior repairs, lawn/gardens, cleaning, window washing, etc.
- Handymen: on-call as needed; appliance repair, woodwork.
- Drivers: trucks to assist with transport of large items.
- Yard: Spring/fall outdoor clean-up and help with landscaping.
- Organizational Specialist: review, sort and organize donated items.
Back to top
Please contact email@example.com for more information regarding board positions or to schedule an appointment.
Back to top