In 2012, over 400 volunteers contributed over 6,000 hours of service, a value of more than $135,000 to Attention Homes. Current program, development, office, facilities maintenance, and board/committee volunteer opportunities appear below. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out the volunteer application or contact Marnie Williams at 303.447.1206 x123 or mwilliams at attentionhomes dot org.
Volunteers are needed to work directly with our youth residents in a number of capacities. Opportunities are available in both our Residential and RHY (Runaway and Homeless Youth) program. OUR NEXT RHY TRAINING IS SCHEDULED FOR Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 10 am-noon. Please contact mwilliams at attentionhomes dot org to sign up or for more information.
- Activities: Assist staff, co-facilitate an activity; e.g. crafts, music, sports, etc.
- Street Outreach: Partner with trained staff to work on the streets with homeless teens.
- Drop-in: Support homeless youth by assisting staff with check-in, laundry, meal-prep, and hygiene.
- Life Skills: Mentor youth in a specific life skill; e.g. finances, public speaking, cooking, nutrition, etc.
- Counseling Internship: Receive graduate practicum hours and credit assisting staff with counseling and case work.
- Tutor: Provide one-on-one academic assistance to a student with their schoolwork.
- Cook & Meal Donor: Prepare meals at our drop-in center or cook a meal at home and deliver to our residential home. Groups welcome.
- Incentive Solicitor: Procure tickets, entertainment, cultural events, sports activities, personal items, etc.
- Speaker: Motivate and inspire our youth with a personal message that demonstates a triumph over a life challenge.
- Interns: Master and bachelor level internships are available in our programs for school credit.
All individuals volunteering/interning in our Residential program and overnight emergency shelter must be 21+ years of age; for RHY street outreach and the Drop-In Center, you must be 18 years of age.
Back to top
Development & Office Opportunities
Volunteers are needed to help with our special events, grant writing and other marketing and fundraising efforts. We are typically able to tailor our opportunties to your experience and/or areas of learning. College credit internships are available in all areas.
- Grant Writing: Our development department applies to an average of 70 funders and foundations annually. Assist with grant research and contact funders; write small to medium-sized grants; and assemble grant packets and all required attachments.
- Marketing Intern: Assist in the development and production of marketing materials, social media, press relaitons, our Annual Report and other digital marketing tools.
- Special Events: Procure in-kind donations, join event committee, help with PR and advertising.
- General Office: Mailing, filing, copying, telephoning, etc.
- Information Technology: Help with PC computer maintenance.
INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING AT OUR FIRST CAUSE MOB ON NOVEMBER 1ST FROM 4-5:30 PM? WITH THE POWER OF SIMPLE STATEMENTS ON CARDBOARD, WE'LL BE BRINGING AWARENESS OF YOUTH HOMELESSNESS TO OUR LOCAL COMMUNITY. FOR MORE INFORMATION AND SIGN-UPS GO TO www.SignUpGenius.com/go/20F0D4DAAAD2EA20-attention.
Back to top
Group and individual volunteer opportunities are needed for home improvement projects. These are perfect for student groups of all ages, church groups, civic clubs, families, and work teams.
- Facilities Upkeep: painting, interior/exterior repairs, lawn/gardens, cleaning, window washing, etc.
- Handymen: on-call as needed; appliance repair, woodwork.
- Drivers: trucks to assist with transport of large items.
- Yard: Spring/fall outdoor clean-up and help with landscaping.
- Organizational Specialist: review, sort and organize donated items.
Back to top
Please contact us for more information about these volunteer opportunities.
Back to top