Marketing & Communications Manager
Attention Homes seeks a Marketing & Communications Manager who will focus on building brand awareness of our organization through marketing, advertising, digital and PR/promotional activities which support and help achieve overall fundraising goals. Their expertise allows them to allocate company resources to maximize collaboration, efficiency and creativity in the building and maintenance of consistent organizational identity across all marketing and public relations channels to donors, supporters and the community at large. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for serving displaced, homeless and runaway youth.
- Develop annual marketing and communications plans and calendars that achieve targeted objectives of brand awareness in a competitive non-profit community and incorporate advertising, PR, promotional/collateral and digital tools
- Primary responsibility to develop, maintain and update website, social media platforms, and mobile app applications through coordinated interactions with staff, intern(s) and outside contractors
- Facilitate and manage external communications across all media forms including public relations and press releases
- Utilize Constant Contact for scheduling and designing email, social media and event marketing
- Coordinate bi-annual newsletters, brochures, annual reports, direct appeals and content management with contracted designers and development staff
- Plan, coordinate and develop collateral materials for events and outreach
- Responsible for budget development and cost oversight of all projects related to marketing and communications
- Oversee content and management of direct care staff responsible for youth specific communications and marketing
- Timely review and evaluation of metrics and analytics associated with all advertising and communications activity
- Responsible for staying up to date on industry trends and evolving technology as it relates to communications and marketing
- Proven experience developing, managing and executing a communications and marketing plan that supports developmental and operational goals.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate public relations events, write press releases and cultivate relationships with various media channels
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of social media platforms and mobile technology
- Demonstrated track record of successful budget management
- Ability to navigate responsive website design; manage and coordinate updates using WordPress
- Collaborative style and leadership qualities that strengthen partnerships with staff, volunteers, designers, outside agencies and business/community supporters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Boulder community, local media and non-profit donor landscape
- InDesign and Constant Contact experience preferred
- Experience with Donor Perfect management software
- Some evening and weekend work is required. Must have reliable transportation
- Relevant bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience working in the communications field preferred.
Position Status: 32 hours/week
Reports to: Executive Director
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this role, qualifications and your salary history to email@example.com by July 14, 2014.
About Attention Homes
Attention Homes is a safe resource for youth in crisis providing shelter, structure, and access to crucial services so that homeless and displaced youth can become stable, independent members of our community and achieve their potential. Established in 1966 by a group of thoughtful and concerned community members who believed that what young people needed was ‘attention, not detention’, today our organization has evolved to servicing over 7,500 youth ages 12-24. Presently, we operate a Runaway and Homeless Shelter including street outreach, a day drop in center and overnight emergency shelter; as well as a Residential Child Care Facility for youth requiring out of home placements. We are a not-for-profit organization, registered as a 501 3(c). For more information, visit www.attentionhomes.org.