Thank you for your interest in working or interning at Attention Homes. Attention Homes is an equal opportunity employer. At this time we have the following open positions:
Attention Homes seeks a Development Director who will focus on building awareness of our organization and increase fundraising dollars to a level commensurate with our programs’ needs. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate proven development skills and a passion for serving disadvantaged, homeless and at-risk youth. These skills include:
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and grow a development department
- Knowledge of core fundraising principles
- Demonstrated ability to raise major gifts
- Demonstrated, consecutive years of record funding growth
- Experience managing a donor database
- Demonstrated track record of successful budgeting management
- Experience managing funding events
- Experience working with boards and managing committees
- Collaborative and directive leadership qualities that lends to partnership with staff, volunteers and community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the Boulder community and donor landscape
About Attention Homes
Attention Homes provides opportunities for at-risk youth to change their lives. We offer shelter, community-based living and teaching of life skills necessary for an independent future.
Founded in 1966 by a group of thoughtful and concerned community members who believed that what young people needed was ‘attention, not detention.’ Since that time we have provided services to over 7,000 at-risk youth. Presently, we operate two homes for youth - a Runaway and Homeless Shelter for Youth and a Residential Child Care Facility. We are a not- for-profit organization, registered as a 501 3(c). For information visit www.attentionhomes.org.
Our Development Director develops strategic and operational fundraising plans and implements them with the help of staff. Goals include generating funding necessary to pay for our agency’s operating expenses; managing fundraising development activities and related initiatives and representing our agency actively by building enduring relationships throughout each important segment of the Boulder community. Our Director reports directly to our Executive Director.
Major Gifts Program
- Raise $200,000 plus annually through our major gifts initiative ($1,000+)
- Cultivate new supporters and build strong relationships with major donors especially
- Develop and implement major donor acknowledgment and stewardship activities
- Implement giving circles and planned giving programs
- Manage board fundraising committee’s donor prospecting, cultivating and soliciting
- Grow major gifts program by 25% or more by end of 2014
Operations and Community
- Define the funding direction and goals aligned with our strategic plan.
- Develop annual fundraising budgets
- Work with the board by helping them attain their funding and governance goals
- Report monthly to the board a breakdown of funding results
- Train board and staff to implement effective donor principles that enhance donor relations and giving utilizing the donor pyramid and cycle of donor relations
- Represent Attention Homes on community boards and committees helping at-risk youth through human service and homelessness initiatives
- Work closely with program staff to identify needs in our youth programs and to help communicate them to the community
- Work closely with program staff, developing, monitoring and reporting data driven outcomes to our community
Management and Oversight
- Manage the development and implementation of annual fundraising plans. Be responsible for oversight of our donor database, Donor Perfect
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising revenue goals; from $800K in 2013 to $950K in 2014
- Manage fundraising expenses within budget
- Supervise 2-3 FTEs largely responsible for special and awareness-building events and grant writing
Salary and Benefits are commensurate with experience and accomplishments. To apply for the Development Director position, send a resume, a cover letter describing your interest in this role, qualifications and your salary history to email@example.com. Please submit all resumes by email. Resumes will be accepted until June 3, 2013.